by Dr. Paul Haider
- First of all you have to avoid the offending foods and agents that cause acid reflux disease… then there is no reason for having the disease in the first place.
- Eat dinner no later than 7PM so you can digest your food before going to bed.
- Distress, relax, listen to music, do some yoga, or qigong, or Tai Chi and meditate before going to bed to calm the mind/body
- Stay away from spicy, salty, acid foods and alcohol that might trigger acid reflux.
- And eat 5 or 6 smaller meals instead of 3 large meals a day.
Slippery Elm is one of my favorite herbs for helping the stomach feel better and creating mucus protecting the stomach and esophagus.
- Marshmallow Root is also great and works in a similar fashion to Slippery Elm.
- Fennel Tea calms not only the stomach but also the mind body!
- Ginger Tea relaxes the stomach and helps your irritated GI tract… allowing you to sleep well and feel great!Papaya fruit or enzyme pills will help you to digest protein, and sooth the GI tract making it easier for you to sleep.
- Anise Tea is great for calming the GI tact and also soothing jangled nerves and allowing you to relax.
- Seed Tea works to reduce stomach acid and it’s good for the mind/body too.
- Agrimony will sooth stomach distress and get the GI tract back in working order.
- Chamomile Tea is a good old stand by… that works wonders for stress related gastric reflux.
Connect with Paul Haider, Master Herbalist, at www.paulhaider.com