Submissions to OM Times Magazine are made through our Writers Community at http://community.omtimes.com
All posts within the OM Times Writers’ Community Network – in blogs, discussions, and groups – are deemed to be submissions for possible publication in OM Times Magazine, in all its various formats.
Before making a submission, it is highly recommended that you read through this submission document carefully, and visit our ‘TRAINING’ area, which will provide you with valuable additional information.
The 5th of the month for all the following months editions (A, B, C & Spanish). The editions come our on the 1st, 10th & 20th.
Anyone who would like help with editing and proofreading, constructive feedback, or specialized layouts may submit their work a little earlier in the month to allow time for this.
Please post your request in the OM Community Group called ‘Ask the Editors’ and someone will contact you as soon as possible.
Article submissions are subject to length restrictions:
Title: maximum 60 characters.
Article: maximum of 1,200 words.
Author Bio: 400 characters – approximately 60 words.
Please Note: These character limits include spaces, line breaks, paragraph breaks and punctuation. The actual number of characters will be less than the numbers above.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Community members submit articles in their blogs, in discussions, or in groups they belong to.
2. OM Times editors review submissions on a regular basis, and feature the ones that are accepted for publication.
3. If your submission is accepted, you will receive an email from the OM Times Community stating that your submission has been featured.
4. OM Times Magazine reserves the right to refuse or accept any submissions made. We also retain the right to edit for content, length, grammar, spelling, and accuracy. Please bear in mind that our editors are experienced, professional people, who will do their level best to retain your unique voice, and to show your work to its best advantage.
5. You may submit graphic ideas with your submissions, but please familiarize yourself with the overall style of our magazine before doing so.
a) Large .jpg or .png files only.
b) High Resolution: 300dpi or better preferred.
c) Royalty-free graphics only, please.
6. OM Times Magazine reserves the right to lay out submissions with graphics of our own choosing regardless of suggestions, in keeping with our dynamic needs and current themes.
7. If you have submitted several articles, have not been published, and would like some constructive feedback, please post a request in the group called, ‘Ask the Editors’ and a member of staff will consult with you about ways in which you might improve your chances.
OM TIMES MAGAZINE DOES NOT PAY FOR SUBMISSIONS
That being said, there are many non-monetary benefits to being associated with our publication including:
- professional writing experience
- professional editing and layout services
- constructive feedback to hone your personal style
- expanded exposure in the global conscious community
- increased Internet presence
- professional networking
- support of like-minded others
- enhanced “Google-ability”
- opportunity for economical syndication
To get the most from your experience with OM Times, we suggest including your business and social networking links with submissions. In this way your readers can find you in other places, and perhaps support your other business endeavors as well.
Link-backs, tweets, and other social network communications go a very long way. As you support the magazine, the magazine will support you.
Display the OM Times Badge with pride!
The following additional guidelines must be strictly observed:
- PLEASE SUBMIT AT LEAST ONE ORIGINAL ARTICLE PER MONTH IN THE COMMUNITY. The preferred place for submitting articles is in your own blog space on your personal profile page. You may also start a new discussion, or post in specific groups to which you belong.
- PLEASE DO NOT submit articles or art work that are not your own original work. Article submissions that are plagiarized or in violation of another author’s copyright will be removed.
- OM Times Magazine is a free-content directory, not a forum for blatant self-promotion, advertising commercial products, services or programs. Submissions that are commercial or advertorial in content will be removed from the database immediately.
- Submissions that consist of a reprinted post from elsewhere on the Internet, or that contain a few lines of text with a link pointing to another site where the article resides are not accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Om-Times Magazine reserves the right to remove any article or articles for any reason with or without notice or explanation. In cases where the above or any other guidelines are severely abused, so-called authors will be banned from the community.
INDEXING AND AVAILABILITY
Article submissions to Om-Times Magazine are indexed once a day. This means that any article you submit will be searchable by, and available to, visitors the day after it is submitted.
SUGGESTIONS FOR FORMATTING AND LINKS
We strongly recommend that authors copy and paste articles from a basic text editor like Notepad or Note Tab Light. This suggestion will ensure that paragraph breaks, line length, and other basic formatting will be properly handled by our submission editing program.
Copying and pasting content from applications like MS Word can, and does, result in a variety of formatting problems. The reason for this is that MS Word and similar applications use non-ASCII, sometimes invisible, characters that are copied with article content into our submission editing program. This can cause articles to appear very differently from the way they were submitted.
Keeping the above in mind, it is not necessary for authors to use html tags for specifying font size or to create paragraph and line breaks. Use of HTML should be minimal and we suggest html tags only be used for creating live links to sites, services or products. Any link that begins with “http://” will automatically be clickable.
COPYRIGHT AND VIOLATIONS
Please refer to our ‘COPYRIGHT AND REPRINT POLICY’.
OM Times Magazine.com and its parent company do not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the quality, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information, product or service represented on this website. The information provided on Om-Times Magazine.com is for educational or entertainment purposes only.
Anyone using the information on OM Times Magazine, whether medical, legal, business or other, does so at his or her own risk, and by using such information agrees to indemnify OM Times Magazine, its parent company and its content providers from any and all liability, loss, injury, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from such use.
No Implied Endorsement:
OM Times Magazine.com does not endorse or recommend any article on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles. The views and opinions of the authors who have submitted articles to OM Times Magazine belong to them alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of OM Times Magazine, its staff or parent company.
Links to other Web sites from OM Times Magazine are provided for convenience only. OM Times Magazine is not responsible for the content or availability of any external or 3rd party sites and does not warrant or guarantee the products, services, or information found on these sites.
Your understanding and full cooperation are greatly appreciated!
Last Update: 10/12/2012
Incoming search terms:
- time magazine submissions
- magazine submission guidelines
- submission guidelines for time magazine
- time magazine submission guidelines
- omtimes com submission-guidelines
- OM Times submissions
- time magazine writer\s guidelines
- time magazine submissions guidelines
- how to submission guidelines for om times
- time magazine submission