Copyright and Violations
OMTimes Magazine’s policy prohibits the use of copyrighted material in a manner that violates the copyright owner’s rights. In general, this means that authors should only submit their own original written work to which they have natural copyright. In cases where copyright is disputed – usually as a result of plagiarism or unauthorized copying – articles will be immediately removed without recourse or discussion, regardless of the arguments presented by the disputing parties.
Actions to Take in the Event of Copyright Violation
Copyright resides with the authors who submit to our newsletter, not with us. As a consequence, OMTimes Magazines has no legal standing to enforce copyright on behalf of authors.
In the event of copyright violation, we advise authors to exercise their rights under the The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 by taking the following steps:
- Contact the offending party directly asking them to rectify the copyright violation.
- If the above fails, contact the ISP that hosts the offending website and the domain registrar that holds the registration for the website domain.
- Information for the domain registrar and hosting service can generally be obtained by doing a look up using any ‘Who Is’ service such as: http://www.whois.net or http://www.networksolutions.com
- Most Domain Registrars and ISPs will respond to a copyright enforcement request by warning or suspending the offending party. If they fail to do so, have a lawyer make the same request in writing. This last action rarely fails to produce results.
Commercial publication and reprint of material in this website for distribution is strictly prohibited without written permission. Written permission is not required for personal use print-outs.
Original material generated by columnists is copyrighted in the names of the authors, and commercial publication and reprint of material for distribution is strictly prohibited without written permission from the author.
Non-commercial Electronic Distribution
Non-commercial electronic distribution such as sharing as a bulletin over a social network is allowed under the following conditions
1. The reprinted article must include the name of the author.
2. Please place the following at the bottom of the reprinted article:
a. A line stating: This article is reprinted from Om Times Magazine, © [insert year of publication here], and is available at http://OMTimes.com.
b. Please link the above URL text to our site address at: http://OMTimes.com .
3. Forwarding of the OMTimes Newsletter is allowed provided it is forwarded in its entirety, without any modification whatsoever.
Commercial Electronic Distribution
Commercial Electronic Distribution such as bulk reposting of articles from OMTimes.com on a commercialized website (a website where goods or services are sold, or an ad server, such as Google Ads, is found) is prohibited except as follows:
1. Use of RSS feed is allowed provided it is identified as an RSS feed and there is a link to the OMTimes.com website.
2. The first page of the article may be published with credit to the original author and a link to the article on OMTimes.com for the balance of the article.
3. There is a signed Memorandum of Understanding with OMTimes Media, Inc. for distribution rights.
1. Linking to OMTimes:
a. No permission is required to link from your website to the OMTimes website.
b. In addition, no permission is required to add the OMTimes Latest Articles Widget to your website.
2. Linking to an Article on OMTimes:
a. No permission is required to link from a free area of your website to an article on the OMTimes website, provided you do not frame our web page. A frame means putting additional graphics or text above or next to our web page.
b. If you wish to use a framed link, please contact us for permission.
3. To reprint an Article on Your Website:
a. Prior permission is required to put the text of any article from OMTimes on your own website, intranet, database, discussion board, or any other system.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at:
Or write to:
OMTimes Media, Inc.
825-C Merrimon Avenue
Asheville, NC 28804
OMTimes™ is a Trademark of OMTimes Media, Inc.
©2009-2012 OMTimes Media. All Rights Reserved
Your understanding and full cooperation are greatly appreciated!
Last Update: 10/30/2012
Incoming search terms:
- magazine policy on reprinting customer articles
- magazine policies
- magazine copyright policy
- 2012 free reprint for magazine use
- reprint materials are strictly prohibited
- reprint policies
- time magazine articles copyright use
- time magazine permission to reprint
- time magazine text reprint
- times copyrights magazine policy